Friday, July 3, 2015

Sailing the High Seas of Surveys


I recently went on a cruise and after our sea voyage we were given surveys to fill out. These surveys were highly confusing to me. Why does this cruise line need my academic qualifications? Am I not "qualified to cruise"? Am I over-qualified to cruise? These seemed like arbitrary questions so I gave my most arbitrary answers.



The reality of this situation is the fact that all companies use surveys as a means to better understand their key demographics and how to better advertise to those people groups. But, does a cruise line really need to administer surveys to know that the key demographics of most cruises are 50 to 60 year old, wealthy couples? I don't think so, therefore; I felt the need to shake things up a bit. Their new demographic will be 30 year old sorceresses who live on the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment